Throwing money away on rent every month?
Now you can own a Green Home
for less than the cost of renting.
With a Pre-approved Green-Ready Home you are only
12 steps away from saving money
by living in your own energy efficient green home.
A Green-Ready home is one which has been approved for green energy upgrades that qualify for the Government (HUD) Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) programs.
Approved upgrades will reduce the cost of home ownership by saving the homeowner more money over the life of the upgrades compared to their cost.
A Green-Ready Home is approved by an appropriate Green Home Consultant such as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional, or a Home Energy Rater.
The price that you pay for your Green Home will be the same as you would pay for any updated conventional home. However, the big difference will be that , depending on your choice of features, your home will:
- Cost less to own.
- Have a higher resale value.
- Resell faster.
- Provide tax credit opportunities.
- Provide an opportunity to reduce mortgage term and costs.
- Be energy and water efficient.
- Be more comfortable to live in.
- Have good indoor air quality.
- Help to protect our environment.
Why is this an opportunity?
While all of the homes that we pre-approve are in good move-in condition, they all have outdated features that are responsible for consuming a lot of expensive energy and water. They are also uncomfortable to live in because of outdated air systems. For conventional home buyers, these homes are unattractive, as they see upgrading as a negative. With our program, we see this as a positive, an opportunity to buy at a reduced price and immediately create value by making green upgrades that all take less than a week to retrofit.
How to pay for it?
An Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) is an add-on enhancement to any FHA or conventional loan. It allows borrowers to include the cost of approved green energy upgrades without any additional loan qualifying requirements.
In addition, Purchase-Renovation Green Mortgage Financing, can include some or all of the below features immediately after closing.
Most home purchase financing is based on the value of the home as per the price reflected on the purchase contract. This finance plan is different, as it is based on the price reflected on the purchase contract PLUS the cost of greening the home.
Also, unlike most mortgage financing today where a 20% down payment and a very high FICO score are required to qualify, we introduce 96.5% – 100% financing with lower FICO requirements in the mid-600′s with fixed rate, variable rate, and interest-only options and with some seller-paid closing costs opportunities. 75%-90% Financing is also available for second & investment homes.
What is included?
Below are some of the green features that can be included in the purchase financing for your home:
- Energy Efficient Air Conditioning – To take advantage of the latest developments in significant energy savings in heating and cooling technologies. More …
- Air Conditioning Zoning – To only pay to cool and heat specific parts of a home only as and when they are being used.
- Hybrid or Solar Water Heating – To significantly reduce or completely eliminate the high cost of water heating.
- Variable Speed Pool Pump – To reduce the cost of the 2nd biggest energy guzzler for any pool home by up to 90%. More …
- Effective Attic Insulation – To keep the home cooler and reduce air conditioning costs.
- Solar Attic Fan – To reduce attic temperatures for air conditioners to run more efficiently. More …
- High Performance Air Filtration – To prevent viruses, bacteria, dust, pollen, pet dander and other airborne impurities from entering a home’s air distribution system.
- Germicidal UV Light System – To prevent mold spores from growing in and being distributed by a home’s air duct system, reduce odors, air pollutants, and viruses. More …
- Energy Recovery Ventilation System – To introduce, circulate, and condition fresh air to a home – No more breathing secondhand stale air. More …
- Effective Exhaust Fans – To keep kitchens and bathrooms free of pollutants, mold, mildew, and odors.
- Whole House Water Filtration – To allow the drinking of pure water from every faucet in the home.
- Ultrasonic Scale Remover – To inexpensively soften water for the whole home without having to deal with antiquated and expensive, ecologically-damaging salt systems. More …
- Low Flow Bathroom Faucets – To reduce water consumption in the bathroom. More …
- Low Flow Shower Heads – To reduce water consumption in the bathroom. More …
- Low Flow and Dual Flush Toilets – To reduce water wasted by flushing toilets. More …
- On-Demand Hot Water Pump System – To eliminate the water wasted while waiting for hot water to reach showers and faucets. More …
- Programmable Thermostats – To reduce unnecessary air conditioning and heating running times, power usage and resulting costs. More …
- Energy Efficient Ceiling Fans – To allow for higher comfortable thermostat settings which lowers air conditioning running times and costs. More …
- Air sealing – Keeps outside temperatures out, and reduces AC running costs.
Buy Energy Efficiency with confidence. – We will introduce to you Green-Ready Homes that can include a Before and After Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Report, so that you can be assured that the home that you buy will be a genuine Energy Efficient, High Performance Home.
We are currently researching, identifying and pre-approving Green Ready homes in the Tampa Bay area, and will soon extend to other parts of Florida. All of the homes in good move-in condition, and are either for sale by-owner of on the Realtor multi-listing system.
Who’s on your green team?
If you want to live in a green home, then you need the help of Green Real Estate Agents who are knowledgeable of Green Home features and technologies, the contractors who do the retrofitting, as well as green renovation lending opportunities.
We are a team of Certified Eco-Brokers, LEED AP for HOMES Professionals, Green Real Estate Agents, Green Consultants, State Certified Energy Raters, and Energy Efficient Loan Lenders.
Our services are always FREE to Buyers, and we contribute $500 towards closing costs if you buy through us. We also pay it forward to our Switch to Green, Switch it Forward Fund, to help lift Wounded Veterans out of poverty and fight climate change.
Let us show you can stop renting and instead, live in an energy efficient Green Home, that will save your money every month while at the same time be healthier, more comfortable, safer and kinder to the earth.