Green Homes For Sale in Odessa FL
Our services are free and we contribute $500 towards your closing cost when you buy a green home through us.
Please register below to request additional information or to schedule an in-person tour. We look forward to helping you to make Green Home living your reality.
Welcome to our model for green homes for sale in Odessa FL
Our Odessa green model is a single story 3,456 SF, 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath home with an attached 3 car garage, is independently certified green by the Environments For Living Gold Program, plus independently HERS (Home Energy Rating Services) rated and certified energy efficient as per the EPA’s Energy Star Program, thereby meeting high energy efficient, water saving and environmentally friendly standards. This home also offers exceptional healthy indoor air quality features, and is luxurious in every detail, as described below. See certification descriptions. See our green homes for sale in Odessa.
Energy Efficiency Features. (This is what saves energy costs).
Outer Home Shell – Maintaining indoor temperatures means that your air-conditioner will work 50% – 70% less, which can save you hundreds of dollars in electricity and mechanical maintenance costs every year.
- Advanced Framing Techniques – increases the qualntity and effectiveness of insulation.
- Tight Construction – ensures a continious air barrier arround the home.
- Tile Roof – retains less solar energy thereby contributing to a cooler attic and home.
- Radiant Barrier – attached to the underside of the roof framing to reduce solar heat temperatures in the attic by up to 30 degrees.
- Thermal Windows – high performance, dual pane, vinyl framed, with argon gas and low E 3 to prevent temperature gains and losses.
- Foam Wall Board Insulation – a high performance system to efficiently maintain indoor temperatures.
- Rigid Styrofoam Wall Insulation – to help prevent air leaks, reduce sound, and maintain comfort.
- Polycell Foam Caulking – around doors and windows for draught reduction to maintain lower energy bills.
Electric and Water
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps and Lighting – throughout the home to reduce electric load.
- Energy Star Rated Luxury Appliances – using 15% – 50% less energy than standard appliances.
- High Efficiency Hot Water Heater – to reduce the second highest home energy cost.
- Low Flow Shower Heads, Faucets and Toilets – providing better performance than conventional while saving water.
- PEX plumbing – Cross-linked polyethylene, a flexible piping system that conserves energy and water.
Heating and Cooling.
- Maintenance Free Continuous Vent Soffits & Off Ridge Roof Vents – for attic ventilation and cooler air ducts.
- Sealed and Insulated Air Ducts – improves efficiency by preventing the loss of temperatures and conditioned air to the attic.
- Engineered Air Ducts – ensures efficient and equal delivery of conditioned air to all parts of the home.
- Air Pressure Balancing – jump ducts to equalize air conditioning flow for maximum comfort and efficiency.
- Energy Star Ceiling Fans option – to allow for higher thermostat settings and lower cooling and heating costs.
- Programmable Thermostat – to conserve and reduce air conditioning run time and energy use.
- High Efficiency Heat Pump – for low energy, efficient heating during winter.
- Right Sized Air Conditioning System – scientifically sized for better dehumidification, lower running costs and energy savings.
- Puron 410A – an air conditioning refrigerant that helps to protect the environment.
- Because of its extreme energy efficiency features, the home only needs to generate a small amount of its own energy in order to eliminate the remaining electric demand.
- Depending on occupant home feature choices and expected lifestyle, the Solar Electric System will produce 3KW and 5KW of free electricity from the sun.
- Included will be a Net Meter, which turns backwards during the day while the home produces more energy than it is using.
- Surplus energy is sold to the utility company. The net result is an annual zero energy bill.
Safety Features. (This is what makes Florida living carefree).
- Off Ridge Vents For Attic Venting – allows attic ventilation while preventing wind lift-off.
- Waterproof Material Layer Below Roof Shingles – for double protection from leaks.
- Fresh Air Intake Ventilation System – to circulate and condition fresh air.
- PEX plumbing – Cross-linked polyethylene, reduces plumbing pipe contamination.
- Mercury Free Programmable Thermostat – protects people and the environment.
- Smoke and Co2 Detectors – with battery backup for guaranteed operation.
- Electronic Security System – to protect against intruders and burglars.
- Solid Foundation – steel reinforced monolithic slab with vapor barrier.
- Hurricane Straps – to protect the home against high winds.
- Gated Community – to prevent casual drive-by crime.
Good Air Quality Features. (This is what helps to keep you healthy).
- Effective Envelope Sealing – greatly reduces air infiltration resulting in less dust pollen and other pollutants coming in from the outside while providing and maintaining comfort and even lower energy usage.
- Mold Resistant Shower & Tub Walls – prevents mold growth in wet areas.
- Improved Air Filtration – MERV 8 pleated filter to keep mold, viruses and bacteria out of the home.
- Fresh Air Ventilation System – to circulate and condition fresh air, to reduce dust, pollen, odors and indoor contaminents.
- Air Pressure Balancing – for even temperatures and condensation prevention throughout the home.
- Exhaust Fans in Kitchen and Bathrooms – vented to the outside to prevent mold growth.
- Low Toxic Interior Paints and Finishes – to protect you from harmful VOC off gassing.
- Certified Green Kitchen & Bath Cabinets – sustainably harvested materials, free of formaldehyde toxins.
- Toxin Free Kitchen & Bath Cabinets – formaldehyde free.
- Internal Moisture Management – to reduce moisture in multiple ways.
- Toxin Free Carpets – Green Label Plus certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute.
- Screens On All Operable Windows – to keep bugs and mosquitoes out.
- Sealed Combustion Appliances – to reduce the buildup of carbon monoxide.
- Carbon Di Oxide Detectors – to protect occupants from deadly toxins.
Other Green Features. (This is what makes this home kind to you, and the environment).
- Third party certifications – Environments For Living Gold Program, plus independently HERS (Home Energy Rating Services) rated and certified energy efficient as per the EPA’s Energy Star Program.
- Barrel or Flat Tile Roofing – much more durable than asphalt and also better for the environment.
- Concrete Pavers – durable and more sustainably produced.
- 30-Year Warranted Fungus and Mold Resistant Dimensional Shingle Roofing – reduces cleaning costs.
- Construction Recycling – recycle materials are used and construction waste is recycled.
- Low E Window Technology – to reduce the transmission of damaging UV light that can cause furniture and fabrics to fade.
- Instant Hot Water Recirculation System – saves time and water normally lost when waiting for hot water.
- Low Flow Faucet Aerators, Shower Heads and Toilets – WaterStar certified to protect our resources by reducing water use.
- Sustainable Cabinetry –FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) Environmental certified wood with no added urea-formaldehyde.
- Light-Colored Interior Finishes – for cool Florida living.
- Pest Control System in Walls – human, pet and environmentally friendly.
- Flooring – Ceramic tile plus Green Label Plus carpets, certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute.
- Water Efficient Irrigation System – includes WeatherSense technology to stop watering when it is raining.
- Casual Indoor-Outdoor Lifestyle – with private, pool ready courtyard and South East exposure.
- Florida Friendly Landscape – appropriate for site topography and soil types, emphasizing the use of plants with low watering and maintenance requirements.
- A planned and Landscaped Gated Community – Florida tropical living at its best.
- Community Adjoins Conservation Area –opportunities for hiking and bird watching.
Additional Features. (This is what makes everyone say “WOW!”).
- Name brand bathroom faucets and shower heads.
- Cultured granite bathroom countertops with backsplash.
- Luxury bathroom cabinets, features and finishes.
- Designer vanity light fixtures in bathrooms.
- Separate tub and enclosed shower in master.
- Separate bright and open kitchen and dining room.
- Name brand kitchen faucets and shower heads.
- Name brand range, dishwasher and microwave.
- Luxury kitchen cabinets, features and finishes.
- Stainless steel under mount kitchen sinks.
- Under cabinet kitchen lighting.
- Spacious separate pantry.
- Choice of several elevations and floor plans.
- Flex space options to further personalize the home.
- Exterior walls finished with 4 layers of stucco with fiber mesh reinforcement and raised architectural features.
- 9’4” Ceilings.
- Spanish lace textured ceilings.
- Decorative crown moulding.
- 5 ¼ “ colonial baseboards.
- Ceramic floor tiles in designated areas.
- Custom wood window sills.
- Spacious walk in bedroom closets with warp resistant superior shelving.
- Spacious linen closets.
- Cat 5 pre wired for cable TV and alarm system.
- Surround sound ready – prewired in one room.
- Recessed can lights and other luxury light fixtures throughout.
- Sliding glass doors.
- Designer entry door.
- Exterior coach lights at garage entry.
- Epoxy coated garage floor.
- Textured coating on exterior walls.
- Covered rear porch entertainment lanai with paver decking.
- Swimming pool.
- Concrete paver driveway and front entrance pathway.
- Large design center full of additional choices of features and finishes.
- Reduced insurance costs – due to superior, hurricane resistant construction.
- 10 Year fully bonded limited structural warranty.
- Dog Park
- Tennis court.
- Quick access to mall.
- Quick access to freeway to city and beaches.
- Low HOA and no CDD fee.
- Great Schools.
Take a tour of our model home.
Thank you for visiting our model for green homes for sale in Odessa FL
Now visit our selection of green homes for sale in Odessa.
Please register below to request additional information or to schedule an in-person tour. We look forward to meeting you and helping you to make Green Home living your reality.
Our services are always FREE to Buyers, and we contribute $500 towards closing costs if you buy through us, as well as $250 toward our Switch to Green, Switch it Forward Fund, to help fight poverty and climate change.
Let us show you how we can be Your Green Dream Team to help you to Live in a High Performance Green Home, that will Save You Money and help you to Pay Your Mortgage Off Years Earlier, while at the same time, live in a home that is Healthier, More Comfortable, Safer and Kinder To The Earth.
Disclaimer: Please note that while all of the above features are available, actual features displayed at our model can differ or change without notice.
Marius Smook – Lic. Real Estate Eco-Broker, LEED AP (Homes), Cert. Energy Rater.