Thank you for visiting our Model for Green Homes for sale in Windermere FL.
Our services are free and we contribute $500 towards your closing cost when you buy a green home through us.
Please register below to request additional information or to schedule an in-person tour. We look forward to helping you to make Green Home living your reality.
Green Certifications for Green Homes For Sale in Windermere FL.
Our Green Summer model is a two story, 3009 SF, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, model with an attached 2 car garage, includes Masonry Core-Fill Insulation technologies, and is 3rd party certified to qualify for the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star 3.1 program and independently verified to meet RESNET energy efficient standards. This home also offers healthy indoor air quality, is able to withstand hurricane winds, and is luxurious in every detail, as described in the green and “Wow!” features below.
Energy Efficiency Features. (This is what saves energy costs).
Outer Home shell – Maintaining indoor temperatures means that your air-conditioner will work 50% – 70% less, which can save you hundreds of dollars in electricity and mechanical maintenance costs every year.
- Superior Attic or Roof Insulation – to keep hot attic temperatures out.
- Radiant Barrier – attached to the underside of the roof framing to reduce solar heat temperatures in the attic by up to 30 degrees.
- Thermal Windows – high performance, dual pane, vinyl framed, with argon gas and low E 3 to prevent temperature gains and losses.
- Concrete Block Core Filled Insulation – pressure-injected to help prevent air leaks, reduce sound, and maintain comfort.
- Polycell Foam Caulking – around doors and windows for draught reduction to maintain lower energy bills.
Electric and water.
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps and Lighting – throughout the home to reduce electric load.
- Energy Star Rated Luxury Whirlpool Appliances – using 15% – 50% less energy than standard appliances.
- High Efficiency Hot Water Heater – to reduce the second highest home energy cost.
- Low Flow Shower Heads, Faucets and Toilets – providing better performance than conventional while saving water.
Heating and Cooling.
- Energy Monitoring System – to monitor energy usage and managing and control it remotely, using a mobile phone or computer.
- Maintenance Free Continuous Vent Soffits & Off Ridge Roof Vents – for attic ventilation and cooler air ducts.
- Engineered Sealed and Insulated Air Ducts – improves efficiency by preventing the loss of temperatures and conditioned air to the attic.
- Energy Star Ceiling Fans option – to allow for higher thermostat settings and lower cooling and heating costs.
- Remote Programmable Thermo/Humidistat – to ensure less humidity and maximum comfort while conserving air conditioning run time and energy use.
- High Efficiency Heat Pump – 15 SEER for better dehumidification, lower running costs and energy savings.
- Puron 410A – an air conditioning refrigerant that helps to protect the environment.
- A solar electric system is an after-purchase retrofit consideration for this home.
- Because of its extreme energy efficiency features, the home only needs to generate a small amount of its own energy in order to eliminate the remaining electric demand.
- Depending on occupant home feature choices and expected lifestyle, a Solar Electric System that produces only 8KW – 10KW, will ensure free electricity from the sun for this home.
- Included will be a Net Meter, which turns backwards during the day while the home produces more energy than it is using.
- Surplus energy is sold to the utility company. The net result is an annual zero energy bill.
Safety Features. (This is what makes Florida living carefree).
- Off Ridge Vents For Attic Venting – allows attic ventilation while preventing wind lift-off.
- Waterproof Material Layer Below Roof Shingles – for double protection from leaks.
- Remote Home Automation – including Internet, Phone, TV, Audio, and Security.
- Fresh Air Intake Ventilation System – to circulate and condition fresh air.
- Mercury Free Programmable Thermostat – protects people and the environment.
- Smoke and Co2 Detectors – with battery backup for guaranteed operation.
- Electronic Security System – to protect against intruders and burglars.
- Solid Foundation – steel reinforced monolithic slab with vapor barrier.
Good Air Quality Features. (This is what helps to keep you healthy).
- Effective Envelope Sealing – reduces infiltration of dust, pollen and other pollutants from outside while maintaining comfort and lower energy usage.
- Mold Resistant Shower & Tub Walls – prevents mold growth in wet areas.
- Improved Air Filtration – to keep mold, viruses and bacteria out of the home.
- Exhaust Fans in Kitchen and Bathrooms – vented to the outside to prevent mold growth.
- Low Toxic Interior Paints and Finishes – zero VOC to protect you from harmful off gassing.
- Certified Green Kitchen & Bath Cabinets – sustainably harvested materials, free of formaldehyde toxins.
- Toxin Free Kitchen & Bath Cabinets – formaldehyde free.
- Toxin Free Carpets – Green Label Plus certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute.
- Screens On All Operable Windows – to keep bugs and mosquitoes out.
- Carbon Di Oxide detectors – to protect occupants from deadly toxins.
Eco Features. (This is what makes this home kind to you, and the environment).
- Third party certifications – independently HERS (Home Energy Rating Services) rated and certified energy efficient as per the EPA’s Energy Star Program.
- Concrete Pavers – durable and more sustainably produced.
- 30-Year Warranted Fungus and Mold Resistant Dimensional Shingle Roofing – reduces cleaning costs.
- Low E Window Technology – to reduce the transmission of damaging UV light that can cause furniture and fabrics to fade.
- Low Flow Faucet Aerators, Shower Heads and Toilets – WaterStar certified to protect our resources by reducing water use.
- Sustainable Cabinetry –FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) Environmental certified wood with no added urea-formaldehyde.
- Light-Colored Interior Finishes – for cool Florida living.
- Pest Control System in Walls – human, pet and environmentally friendly.
- Flooring – Ceramic tile plus Green Label Plus carpets, certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute.
- Water Efficient Irrigation System – includes WeatherSense technology to stop watering when it is raining.
- Florida Friendly Landscape – appropriate for site topography and soil types, emphasizing the use of plants with low watering and maintenance requirements
- Florida Indoor-Outdoor Lifestyle – with private pool.
- Magnificent Planned and Landscaped Gated Communities to choose from – Florida tropical living at its best.
- Community Adjoins Conservation Area –opportunities for hiking and bird watching.
Additional Features. (This is what makes everyone say “WOW!”).
- Name brand bathroom faucets and shower heads.
- Solid surface Denova bathroom countertops with backsplash.
- Luxury bathroom cabinets, features and finishes.
- Designer vanity light fixtures in bathrooms
- Name brand kitchen faucets and shower heads.
- Name brand range, dishwasher and microwave.
- Solid surface Denova kitchen countertops with backsplash.
- Luxury kitchen cabinets, features and finishes.
- Stainless steel under-mount kitchen sinks.
- Under cabinet kitchen lighting.
- Spacious pantry.
- Choice of several elevations and floor plans.
- Stucco and raised stucco bands.
- Separate bright and open kitchen, dining room and den/loft.
- 9’4” Ceilings.
- 5 ¼ “ baseboards.
- Ceramic floor tiles and stain resistant carpet in designated areas.
- Interior laundry room and linen closets.
- Cat 5 pre wired for cable TV and alarm system.
- Exterior coach lights at garage entry
- Recessed can lights and other luxury light fixtures throughout.
- Sliding glass doors.
- Designer entry door.
- Spacious walk in closets with warp resistant superior shelving.
- Orange peel-finish on all interior walls and dramatic knockdown textured ceilings.
- Sherwin Williams Lexon exterior paint.
- Concrete paved driveway.
- Covered rear porch entertainment lanai with acrylic decking.
- Swimming pool.
- Large design center full of additional choices of features and finishes.
- Reduced insurance costs – due to superior, hurricane resistant construction.
- 10 Year fully bonded limited structural warranty.
- Picture book neighborhood communities to choose from.
- Really Super Schools.
Take a tour of our model home.
Thank you for visiting our model for green homes for sale in Windermere fl.
Please leave us a comment and use the form below to request additional information or to schedule an in-person tour. We look forward to meeting you and helping you to make Green Home living your reality. Our services are always FREE to Buyers, and we contribute $500 towards closing costs if you buy through us, as well as $250 toward our Switch to Green, Switch it Forward Fund, to help fight poverty and climate change. Let us show you how we can be Your Green Dream Team to help you to Live in a High Performance Green Home, that will Save You Money and help you to Pay Your Mortgage Off Years Earlier, while at the same time, live in a home that is Healthier, More Comfortable, Safer and Kinder To The Earth.
Marius Smook – Lic. Real Estate Eco-Broker, LEED AP (Homes), Cert. Energy Rater.